If you’ve experienced water damage in your home, it’s imperative that you address the problem as soon as possible. Water damage that isn’t dealt with promptly can damage your home’s structure and contribute to health problems for you and your family. In this article home cleaning Phoenix (http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/why-orbit/) expert explains the top water damage dangers.
1. Mold and mildew. Left unchecked, water damage can contribute to the growth of mold and mildew in your home. This can lead to breathing and other health problems for you and your family, especially for people with allergies, or asthma and other respiratory diseases. Mold can begin growing in as little as 48 hours after water damage has occurred. To avoid a mold problem, hire a commercial cleaning service to clean up your home as soon as possible after you experience water damage.
2. Structural problems. Severe water damage can undermine your home’s structural stability. Depending on the extent of the water damage and where it occurred, it may cause problems with your roof, floors, walls, or even the home’s foundation. To avoid permanent damage to a home’s structure, it is important to remove all water as quickly as possible. If you’re concerned about a building’s stability because of water damage, don’t enter it; instead call a building inspector, who can let you know if it’s safe to be in the home.
3. Electrical problems. Water can easily damage your home’s wiring. In worst-case scenarios, this can contribute to fires or cause electrocutions. In other cases, you may need to replace electrical appliances or have your home’s wiring professionally repaired. Always call a licensed electrician to deal with any electrical problems in your home after water damage. Also, make sure that you know how to shut off all the electricity to your home, so that you can prevent injuries and accidents if your home is flooded.
4. Bacteria, germs, and parasites. Depending on the source of the water in your home, it could harbor bacteria, germs, and parasites. If your home has been flooded with waste material (perhaps from a sewage backup), you will definitely need to hire a commercial cleaning (http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/services/water-damage-repair-restoration/) service to deal with the problem. Failing to clean up properly after this kind of damage could make your family sick with illnesses like hepatitis, or diminish the value of your property because of a lingering noxious smell.
5. Chemicals. Depending on the source of the water in your home, it might be contaminated with hazardous chemicals. This may be the case if the water came from outside the home, or if household chemicals intermingled with the floodwaters. In any case, it’s always best to hire a home cleaning Phoenix expert to deal with situations where there is a possible chemical contamination. They’ll know how to take proper precautionary measures when cleaning and make sure your home is safe for you and your family.
Orbit Cleaning Service provides water damage clean-up and repair in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Goodyear, Surprise, Peoria, and Chandler AZ areas. For your free home cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.