Perhaps you’re interested in green upholstery cleaning because you’re concerned about the effect cleaning chemicals might have on our environment. Or maybe you want to limit your family’s exposure to household cleaners. Whatever your reason for pursuing eco-friendly upholstery cleaning, the following tips from a Mesa carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning expert will help you get started. For more information, please go to http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/services/carpet-cleaning/.
1. Think twice about stain guards. While many people swear by stain guards that help protect upholstery spills and accidents, you might want to forego them if you’re taking a green approach to cleaning. Some people are concerned that the chemicals in common stain guards may be harmful to humans, though there isn’t conclusive evidence that this is case. If you do decide to skip the stain-resistant fabric, make sure you act fast when there is a spill, so that the stain doesn’t set and permanently damage your upholstery.
2. Make regular maintenance a priority. You can minimize your reliance on cleaners (and help make your furniture last longer) by taking some simple steps to maintain your upholstery, such as vacuuming or brushing it at least once a week. This helps to remove dirt that can damage the upholstery and will make more-intensive cleaning less of a chore.
3. Use do-it-yourself cleaners. For relatively small cleaning jobs, you can use eco-friendly, homemade cleaners. For example, you can make a green upholstery cleaner by mixing one part eco-friendly dish detergent with one part water (use a hand mixer to combine). Then, use a scrub brush to clean the furniture with the mixture. A hand-held steam cleaner is also a good tool for small upholstery cleaning jobs and doesn’t involve any chemicals. Finally, you can use hydrogen peroxide to remove certain stains, like red wine or ink, while a combination of shampoo and water is an effective general stain remover.
4. Hire a professional cleaner that uses eco-friendly methods. With a little research, you should be able to find a Mesa carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning company that is committed to using environmentally friendly cleaning methods and products. When interviewing upholstery cleaning Mesa companies, ask if they are certified green cleaners and what specific products and cleaning methods they’ll use to clean your upholstery. Read more about Orbit Cleaning’s furniture cleaning, please go to http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/services/furniture-upholstery-cleaning/.
5. Know that green upholstery cleaning works on stubborn stains. If you furniture has stubborn, unattractive stains on it, you may worry that eco-friendly cleaning methods won’t be strong enough to get the upholstery clean. However, an upholstery cleaning Mesa company experienced in green cleaning methods will likely be able to remove the stain. While no cleaning company can guarantee that every single stain will be removed, green cleaning methods are just as effective at removing stains as their conventional counterparts.
Orbit Cleaning Service offers eco-friendly upholstery cleaning in Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, Goodyear, Surprise, Peoria, & Chandler AZ. For your free upholstery cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.