So you’ve decided to hire a residential carpet cleaning service. While you may think your job ends with booking an appointment to have a professional carpet cleaner (http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/why-orbit/) come to your home, there are some additional steps you need to take. Get tips from a carpet cleaning expert on the things you need to do to ensure a successful carpet cleaning experience.
1. Move cars from your driveway. You professional carpet cleaner will need easy access to your home, and keeping a space free in your driveway or in front of your house will make their job a lot easier.
2. Move small furniture and other items out of the area to be cleaned. Before your carpet cleaning Phoenix (http://www.orbitcleaningservice.com/services/carpet-cleaning/) professional arrives, move any small furniture out of the rooms that are to be cleaned, including dining room chairs, magazine racks, children’s toys, plants, and end tables.
3. Make sure you understand what furniture your cleaners will move. Your carpet cleaning service may move larger pieces of furniture as part of your cleaning package, or they may charge an extra fee for that service. In some cases, cleaners won’t move especially large and heavy items, such as china cabinets and entertainment centers.
3. Put away any breakable items. You should also safely stow any picture frames, china, collectibles or other breakable items before the carpet cleaners arrive.
4. Put your pets in a safe space. To keep your pets safe and to ensure your carpet cleaning Phoenix proceeds smoothly, make sure your pets are in a safe, secure space before the cleaning service arrives.
5. Pin up draperies and other fabrics. Before the cleaners arrive, pin up any long draperies, as well as skirts on upholstered furniture, so that there is no fabric touching the carpet.
6. Point out any problem areas. You may have pointed out problem areas or stubborn stains during your pre-cleaning inspection, but if not, make sure to let your carpet cleaners know about any particular areas of concern.
7. Keep a close eye on children. Having your carpet cleaned will likely disrupt your normal routine. Be sure to keep a close eye on your children, so that they stay safe while furniture is being moved and carpets are being cleaned (kids may trip on hoses or slip on wet areas of the floor). If possible, you may want to schedule your carpet cleaning for a time when your children will not be at home.
8. Point out any other special requirements. If you have delicate furniture that requires special handling, be sure to let your carpet cleaners know. Also, don’t hesitate to mention any other concerns you have before carpet cleaning begins – you’re the customer, and any good residential carpet cleaning service will want you to be happy!
Orbit Cleaning Service offers professional carpet cleaning services in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Goodyear, Surprise, Peoria, & Chandler AZ areas. For your free carpet cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.