When it comes to cleaning your carpets, steam cleaning is generally the preferred method, recommended by many carpet manufacturers as well as professional carpet cleaning companies. But before you start comparing area rug cleaning services, you may have a few questions about steam carpet cleaning.
1. How does steam carpet cleaning work? Steam carpet cleaning involves spraying a mix of water (usually mixed with detergent) onto a carpet, which forces dirt and debris out of the carpet fibers. The dirty water is then sucked up by a high-powered vacuum. This technique results in a thorough, deep clean.
2. Does carpet steam cleaning actually involve steam? No, carpet steam cleaning generally does not involve actual steam. Instead, warm or hot water is sprayed onto carpets to loosen dirt. Using actual steam could damage synthetic carpets or shrink carpets made of wool.
3. What are some other names for steam cleaning? Carpet steam cleaning might also be referred to as “hot water extraction” or “warm water extraction.”
4. What are the advantages of carpet steam cleaning? Carpet steam cleaning minimizes or eliminates the use of chemical cleaners or detergents. That makes it an ideal choice for those concerned about the possible health effects of chemical carpet cleaning solutions or the environmental impact of carpet cleaning. Steam cleaning also helps to remove deeply embedded dirt and dust, making it a good option for those with allergies or asthma.
5. Are there any disadvantages to carpet steam cleaning? The steam cleaning provided by area rug cleaning services is generally safe and effective. However, if water is not effectively removed from the carpet or if the carpet does not dry properly, mold growth could become a problem. To avoid mold or mildew in your carpets, be sure your home is well ventilated after cleaning. You can also run your air conditioner or heater to speed up the drying process.
6. How hot is the water used in professional steam cleaning? Professional steam carpet cleaning involves water that is heated to about 180 degrees.
7. How long will it take for my carpets to dry after steam carpet cleaning? State-of-the-art steam cleaning techniques remove virtually all of the water after your carpets are cleaned. This means that your carpet should dry quickly after cleaning – usually within an hour or two.
8. Can I steam clean my carpets myself? Many places offer portable steam cleaners for rent; you can also purchase household steam cleaners online. But while these do-it-yourself models might work for small jobs, they are no substitute for professional carpet cleaning. A professional cleaner will use larger cleaning machines that heat water to a higher temperature and use greater pressure to more thoroughly clean your carpet.
Orbit Cleaning Service offers residential steam cleaning services in Phoenix, AZ and its surrounding areas. For your free carpet cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.