Perhaps you’ve decided it’s time to have your home’s ducts cleaned. But how exactly do you go about hiring an HVAC duct cleaning (http://orbitcleaningservice.com/services/air-duct-cleaning/) service? Below, get 6 tips on what you need to know before you hire duct cleaning services Phoenix.
1. Be cautious about companies that claim you need to have your ducts cleaned on a regular basis. Many experts, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), recommend duct cleaning only on an as-needed basis. While you may prefer to clean your home’s ductwork more often, be skeptical about any company that tries to convince you that you must have your ducts cleaned once a year or every six months.
2. Find out what kind of cleaning method the company uses. Most duct cleaning companies use a vacuum-like technique to remove dirt, mold, and debris from your HVAC system. Occasionally, a company may also recommend using antimicrobial chemicals to clean your ducts. Generally, there’s no need to use these chemical cleaners unless there’s evidence of mold or bacterial growth inside your ducts. If you do decide to approve the use antimicrobial cleaning agents in your ductwork, make sure the chemical has been approved by the EPA for use in HVAC systems.
3. Get an agreement in writing. Perhaps you’ve seen an advertisement for a $99 whole house duct cleaning special or similar promotion. That sounds like a great deal, but like many great deals, it’s probably too good to be true. Ads and sales gimmicks may not mention the cost of add-ons and extras, for example. Before hiring an HVAC duct cleaning company, make sure you have a written agreement stating what services will be provided and their cost.
4. Check references. Ask friends, neighbors and family members to recommend reputable duct cleaning companies. You can also check with organizations like the Better Business Bureau or your state or city’s Department of Consumer Affairs to find out it there have been any complaints about the company.
5. Ask about professional training and certifications. Unfortunately, not every company that performs duct cleanings has well-trained, professional staff. If you hire a less-than-qualified firm, they may fail to adequately clean your ducts. They could even damage your home’s heating and cooling and system. Look for cleaning services Phoenix (http://orbitcleaningservice.com/services.html) that are members of the National Duct Cleaners Association and that have staff members who are certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialists.
6. Find out whether the company is licensed and insured. In Arizona and some other states, duct cleaning companies are required to be licensed. If a company isn’t properly licensed, don’t do business with them. You should also make sure that the company has adequate insurance coverage.
Orbit Cleaning Service offers duct cleaning in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Ahwatukee, Mesa, Goodyear, Surprise, and Peoria AZ areas. For your free cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.