No one wants a smelly home, especially when the source of the smell is pet odor in carpet. But a lingering pet smell in your carpets and rugs is more than just annoying and embarrassing – it can also be hazardous to your health. Below talks about different ways of how pet odor in your carpet affects your health.
1. Allergies. If you or someone in your home suffers from allergies, pet odor in carpet may irritate your symptoms. While it is actually the proteins in pet dander, urine and saliva that cause symptoms in people who suffer from pet allergies – not the smell – a persistent pet smell may indicate the presence of allergy-inducing dander. A carpet cleaning company can come to your home and clean your carpets to remove that potentially harmful pet dander.
2. Asthma. People who suffer from breathing problems, like asthma, may also be seriously affected by pet odors. In severe cases, the pet odor may trigger an asthma attack in a sensitive individual, perhaps because they also suffer from a pet allergy or because the strong pet odor increases their anxiety. Regular carpet cleaning can help minimize pet odors and reduce the likelihood of an asthma attack.
3. Irritation. Some people may experience eye, ear, nose or throat irritation when exposed to pet odors, such as a feeling of burning in the eyes. While this irritation is unlikely to cause serious health problems, it is nonetheless annoying. To make matters worse, the harsh chemical cleaners that some people may use to remove pet odors and stains can cause further irritation. To stay safe and healthy, consider using non-toxic cleaners or hiring a carpet cleaning company that specializes in eco-friendly or green cleaning, since these cleaning methods are less likely to cause irritation.
4. Bronchitis and other respiratory infections. Pet urine, particularly cat urine, contains ammonia. While ammonia usually poses no hazard to humans, being exposed to concentrated amounts of ammonia over an extended period of time could cause health problems like bronchitis and pneumonia, as well as headaches, dizziness and coughing. To completely remove these harmful pet odors from your home, you may well need the services of a professional carpet cleaning business.
5. Bacteria and mold. A bad pet odor isn’t going to make you sick by itself. But it’s possible that those smells could indicate a more serious underlying problem, such as a carpet or rug that is harboring dangerous bacteria or mold. A severely soiled rug could be home to E. coli and other bacteria, for example. Or a carpet that got wet after a pet soiled it may never have properly dried out, leading to mold growth.
Fortunately, there are ways to deal with stubborn pet smells so that they don’t become hazardous to your health. Consider hiring a professional carpet cleaning business to come to your home and clean your carpet and rugs to eliminate smells and improve your health.
Orbit Cleaning Service can help you remove stubborn pet odors from your carpets. For your free carpet cleaning consultation call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today. Orbit Cleaning Service serves the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Goodyear, Surprise, Peoria & Chandler, Arizona areas.