These days, it seems that everyone is more concerned about the environment. Many people are choosing to use eco-friendly cleaning products, including carpet cleaners to benefit the planet. But before you decide on non-toxic carpet cleaning, there are 5 things you must know.
1. Organic carpet cleaners can be just as effective as traditional cleaners. Some people may worry that a non-toxic carpet cleaning solution won’t be as effective as more familiar methods. But the reality is that organic carpet cleaners can do just as good a job of cleaning your rugs and carpets as their synthetic counterparts, but without leaving a potentially toxic chemical residue in your home.
2. You’ll need to do your research before buying a green carpet cleaning product. Unfortunately, you can’t always trust the green claims of every product or service. You need to be on the lookout for “greenwashing” – when companies claim their product or service is eco-friendly when it really isn’t. To be confident you’re buying a non-toxic carpet cleaning product, read labels carefully. You can also look for Carpet & Rug Institute Seal of Approval products that have also earned a Green Chemical Certification, or products that have received the Green Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
3. Organic carpet cleaning is better for your health. Traditional carpet cleaning methods often involve chemical solvents that are similar to those used by dry cleaners. While these substances (such as perchloroethylene and naphthalene) may get rid of dirt, they can also irritate your eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Some people also complain of dizziness and fatigue when exposed to traditional carpet cleaning chemicals. Children who play on the carpet could ingest these chemicals; they can also pollute your home’s air. More natural carpet cleaning solutions may help you avoid these potential health hazards.
4. You can make your own green carpet cleaners. For everyday cleaning, you can make your own carpet cleaners using ingredients you probably already have around your house. For example, you can sprinkle baking soda on your carpet as a deodorizer, or use a mix of plain white vinegar and water to clean stains on your carpets and rugs. You can also use borax to clean up carpet spills and stains, or to deodorize your rugs. As with any cleaner, however, proceed with caution. Always test an inconspicuous area before applying a carpet cleaner to be sure it won’t damage or discolor the carpet fibers.
5. Many professional cleaners offer non-toxic carpet cleaning solutions. Because of consumer demand, an increasing number of carpet cleaning companies are now offering organic and eco-friendly cleaning options. To find out if a carpet cleaning company offers non-toxic cleaners (such as plant-based cleaners), simply call and ask. Companies offering carpet cleaning in Scottsdale AZ should be able to explain to you what kind of cleaning products and methods they use so that you can make an informed decision.
Orbit Cleaning Service provides non-toxic carpet cleaning services in Phoenix, AZ & its surrounding areas. For your free carpet cleaning consultation, call 480-516-0281 or visit www.orbitcleaningservice.com today.